Partly answering my own message, I managed to find a web page from the publisher http://www.akacia.dk/UK/Modern.htm where they give a link to a conversion table for the threads used and also point you to Bart and Francis for the Lurex, trouble is the only method of payment they offer is bank transfer and because we aren't in the euro our banks tend to charge, does anyone know if they take any other method?

Thanks
Amanda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amanda Richards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:56 PM
Subject: [lace] Thread help

In an effort to get back my interest in lacemaking I bought Modern Bobbin Lace by Karen Marie Iversen but I'm having trouble with identify the thread she refers to as Lurex 7005 which she describes as translucent. Looking back in the archive Jean said one of her students used a sparkly white thread and that's a possibility along wih one or two others in the 27 w/cm range but if anyone has tried a different thread (or found the original thread) then I'd love to know.