Hello Carol
           I agree with what you are saying about the prices paid for winders
etc.....
It might be a good idea for us more experienced lacemakers to do as you
suggested contacting the bidder. It may be that they think they are doing well
by paying an inflated price. If they are new to lacemaking,they won`t know any
better at times. Maybe they don`t have a teacher to guide them.
Daphne   Cold Norfolk where the snow is almost gone.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
lace@arachne.com> Subject: Re: [lace] Milanese Lace> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
12:15:48 +0000> > Hi Sue et al,> > I am always amazed by the prices paid for
Newnham bobbin winders! I use > those as my 'yardstick' of how silly the
bidders are as to price, as the > winders can be purchased at general
suppliers for between £19.00 and > £21.00 - and yet people will pay three
times that much, plus postage, > package and handling, for Newnham bobbin
winders on eBay. It always makes > me want to contact those bidding, and let
them know the names of general > suppliers ...> > Carol - in Suffolk UK> >
----- Original Message ----- > From: "Sue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To:
<lace@arachne.com>> Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:31 PM> Subject: [lace]
Milanese Lace> > > > £36 for a Milanese book that is available for sale at
less than that> > price, brand new.> >> > > > -> To unsubscribe send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:> unsubscribe lace
[EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to> [EMAIL PROTECTED]