Hello Karen and eveyone

Ethafoam is a closed-cell foam used by 'industry' such as for flotation, or
insulation, and sometimes as packing - if there is a plastics fabricator
where you are, they should know about it and probably have some (I notice at
the one in my area, they just call this stuff  'Dow' - ethafoam itself is a
Dow chemical product). Perhaps at a building supply place there is something
else like it that you could use. You only want an endcut, they might sell
cheaply.  If your computer packing is really ethafoam, and not styrofoam,
all you need is a 5 x 5 piece for each block. It doesn't even have to be
deep; the block can be built of a layer of styrofoam packing, and a layer of
ethafoam on top.

Styrofoam is made of compressed beads of plastic that eventually crumble if
pinned into repeatedly. The closed-cell foams 'heal' when a pin is pushed in
and taken out. I suppose eventually it will break down, too, from long use.
In that case I would just replace the particular block.

SMP lace in the UK sell block pillows and extra blocks. For info, the
website is www.smplace.co.uk

Hope this helps.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Karen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ruth - can you tell me where you bought the ethafoam from and if they sell
> overseas by mail order. I have been unsuccessfully trying to purchase
> ethafoam in Malta but few, if any, know about it yet and it doesn't seem

Bev (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)