On Apr 16, 2008, at 5:15, Sue (Harvey) wrote:

I was just about to put some books on ebay including Le Pompe 1559 when
I noticed another offer of the same title they were asking a starting
bid of £49.99 the reason stated was it was 1983 first edition with ISBN
0 903585 16 2 - mine is identical but I was always under the impression
that the last number (i.e. 2) meant the edition, so can anyone tell me
if I am correct in my assumption that someone is on the make? or have I
got a book more valuable than I thought.

Ruth Bean -- the publisher of the book -- is (or used to be) on this list and will correct me if I'm wrong, but it has always been my understanding that there had ever been only one edition (and a single imprint) of this one. My copy has the same date and ISBN as yours and cost U$ 19.95+ shipping, 18yrs ago. Which already included the vendor's shipping and profit, since I bought it in US. By today's exchange rates, $19.95 translates to £9.99... How are the mighty fallen! <g>.
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/