Alice Howell wrote:
>>>Oh, in regard to taking a One and Only in a suitcase, if you cut about 2-3
>>>inches off the top edge (make it shaped like the letter D), it will fit in a
>>>suitcase.<<<

I cut mine in half!  I cut the foam and the liner for the box, before covering.
 I scored the cardboard and then reinforced the "seam" with duct tape.  Then I
covered and assembled the pillow.  With ribbon (pinned down) covering the cut
edges of the fabric and overlapping so the ribbon could be pinned across the
cut, the pillow is quite stable open flat.  But unpin and it folds in half,
albeit twice as thick.  It will even fit into a rollaway bag (but I wouldn't
try to get it through airport security!).

I use the pillow primarily for motifs, so I need that space "beyond" the
blocks--that part is in front or on the side much of the time.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA