Thank you Robin for your words of advice, they are much appreciated.

Yes half stitch can be tricky, I will try to follow your tips and keep my
concentration fixed on that weaver thread.

I had some hiccups starting off the "Amanda hanky"  but it seems to be ok
now.  Just have to watch out for the trail and the first corner (when I get
there.)

Now the question.  Do you put an extra twist on the end of the row in half
stitch?  If so why?  It doesn't say to do this in the instructions I am
following at present, but I keep feeling I should.  What do you suggest?

Angela Simpson.
Newton-Le-Willows, Merseyside, England.

faint_grain.jpg]