---- Brenda Paternoster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I too taught myself to tat, from several books, years ago.  What I
found very difficult to grasp was how the knot turns over.

One of the (many) people who (tried to) teach me tatting used a highly
variegated thread.  Not one of these gently-shading one-color threads, this was
the color wheel in vivid, crayon-box hues.  She color changes were abrupt
enough, and close enough together, that you could pretty much guarantee that
the core and the wrapper were two different colors.  Easy to see if the knot
was still made from the shuttle thread or had transferred to the working thread.

Unfortunately, that wasn't really one of my problems.  But it's a great idea
for someone new to tatting.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA