Hello Diana,

  Thanks so much for the help.  I definately  have more than enough bobbins for
60 to 70 pairs, so I guess its time to start winding.

  I was aware of working the mat in sections, but thank you for pointing out
where it was started/finished.  I had trouble finding the starting point until
you pointed it out -- was quite obvious then.

  I have spent so much time making things for others I decided it is finally
time to make something for myself.

  Helene Ulrich
  In chilly South Carolina USA

Diana Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hello Helene

I haven't worked that particular mat but I would think that approximately
sixty pairs plus gimps. Its hard to say because more pairs will be added for
the flower which come half way through a segment.
Just in case you don't know this sort of mat is worked 'around' - hanging in
from the centre hole across to the outside edge and you complete each
section at a time before moving on to the next section. If you look
carefully you can see in the picture where it has been finished off half way
up the right-hand side.
It should be nice to work with all that honeycomb - might try that one
sometime ;o)

I'm sure you'll get a big response with help but if I can help at all just
ask.

Good luck
Diana in Northamptonshire