Yes, the need for  a kiln is a problem.

Also at least when I worked with PMC a couple of years ago, the drying time was an issue. You needed to work very quickly as the "clay" dried out very fast, and became unworkable. Maybe they've improved it.

I found that if the work was too fine, the finished piece disintegrated.

The 2 day workshop was fun, but continuing with PMC was not something I wanted to invest that much money in

Sue