I'm sorry to post this to the list, but Clay, I've tried to reply to your
query privately, and twice it's bounced back.

This is what I tried to say to you:

Clay, it didn't occur to me to put a sample pattern in, I must
admit....although there are sample fillings in the Fillings Library....I'm
so glad you have a full screen of dots....may I ask what model number your
Toshiba is please?

The layers are now set to open by default at Layer 1 and they *are* labelled
1 - 20 instead of 0 - 19....a bit more logical for us, although apparently
it is a programmers thing....for reasons of their own, they always count
numbers from "0".     You can now name a layer too and the old problem with
unlocking has gone!

Enjoy your play - and do feel free to email me if you have questions.

Ruth