Hello Sister Claire

When you go on ebay, you can see a menu Search Options.
Type in what you are looking for (e.g. lacemaking bobbins) and leave at all categories.
Go down and tick the box Worldwide - and click on show items.
You'll get a lot more results coming up then.
Ebay is making it more difficult to find what you are looking for, e.g. if you put an item on ebay UK and lit it as worldwide, it does not automatically come up on all ebay sites. An other alternative is to search ebay by country: e.g. ebay.co.uk - ebay.ie etc.

Hope this helps.
Agnes Boddington- Ellougthon UK

Sister Claire wrote:

I just took my first look at eBay. Was I looking in the right place? I
followed the links: Home > Buy > Crafts > Needlecrafts & Yarn > Tatting &
Lacemaking and there wasn't really anything of interest: some ethafoam
pillows (no thanks!), tatting patterns and threads, a couple of bobbins that
seemed grossly overpriced to me...

There must be something that I'm missing!
Thanks,
Sr Claire