Thanks to all who replied - I too think it's just Antique Thread 230.
Very fine and would need a magnifier to work with!

Brenda

On 23 May 2008, at 18:15, Brenda Paternoster wrote:

Patsy asked about the writing on the label of a skein of old lace thread she bought in the Honiton Lace Shop some years ago. A scan of the label is at
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/honiton_label.jpg

I know what I think it reads, but Patsy's not sure. Would anyone else care to offer their opinion.

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html