Mother and babe, twins, etc have the small bobbins visible inside open chambers cut in the length of the bobbin. There are two bobbins which have small bobbins hidden inside them which you can't see unless you remove the bottom section of the bobbin. They are the 'Jack in the Box' and the 'Cow and Calf'. There's some disagreement about which is which, but I always say the one with the loose bobbin that falls out when you remove the bottom of the bobbin is a Jack in the Box (because it jumps out), and the one that has a bobbin attached to the bottom section is a Cow and Calf. I also have one of each of these.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK