Twilley's Gold Dust is available in my local embroidery shop here in IL. It is softer than Kreinik metallics, and fairly thick. At a guess thicker than DMC perle 8.

Which thickness gold dust does the pattern call for?

Sue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shirlee Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:15 AM
Subject: [lace] Twilley's Gold Dust

Is there a substitute for Twilley's Gold Dust that is easily accessible in the US? It looks like this can be purchased from the UK but it would take a while for it to get here. I have a box full of Kreinik Metallics - Balger Heavy Braid, Balger Fine Braid, Balger Very Fine Braid, & Ombre. Would any of these be a substitute? The pattern I want to do calls for this Twilley's for 2 pair of passives. The other 2 pair of passives & the workers will be DMC 8 Cotton Perle.

 Blessings,
 Shirlee