Thank you to whoever pointed out that my description of making leaves is not
clear.  It will be corrected next time. The working I have found the most
effective is to tension each time you weave across the three passive threads,
i.e. weave across, support the outer two threads and ease up the slack in the
weaver until the required position of the weaving thread around the passive
thread on the opposite side from the weaver bobbin is reached.  Then weave
across to the other side and tension again.  This is a slower method than most
but I have found the results good. Resting the wrist or side of the hand on
the pillow when taking up the slack also helps as it is much easier to control
small movements with the fingers than with the whole arm.

Hope you find a method that helps

Alex Stillwell