In my experience with invisible thread, it works well on pieces that are heavy by nature, and therefore do not have much drape - for instance, in applique quilting. Even then, the thread ends always seem to manage to escape and are like little barbs on the back of your work... and very hard to tame. So, I would think that on something as light as a lace handkerchief or a veil edging or any other edging in lace, the invisible thread would take on a life of its own and would be a real detriment to the overall effect. I've never tried it - this is just my guess - but I'm pessimistic.

Clay

Agnes Boddington wrote:
What about cheating: use the sewing machine but with invisible thread?

Agnes Boddington - Ellougthon UK
www.sixpennybobbins.co.uk