I wouldn't recommend Reckitts Bag Blue either, for exactly the same reason! I used to use a non-bleach form of nappy cleaner for my daughters clothes when she was a baby, but the particular brand I used is no longer available, it was a powder that dissolved completely in warm water. If I come up with a solution I'll let you know!

Sue in EY