Alex,

I doubt that either of these lacemakers is still alive but I could be wrong. A
google search on Emilie Palickova revealed she was born in 1892 and another
search talked about a reprint of a 1925 book by Leni Matthaei.

For more about Emilie Palickova you could try the contacting the Lace museum
at Vamberk.

check out: http://www.blen.net/blen_11/11.htm

Hope this helps

Andrea Lamble
Cambridge, UK.

where it is hot and humid - oh for a light breeze!!

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: lace@arachne.com> Subject: [lace] Do
you know?> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 07:19:48 +0100> > Dear Lacemakers> > My
friend Jean Eke and I are working on a website that> > should soon be ready
for viewing. We shall each have a> > page about our lace an there will be a
pattern page that> > will change periodically. My lace page will start with
the> > saga of my 'Greek Gods!!'. I am hoping to begin with> > the pieces of
lace that inspired the design and would like> > to trace the following people
who made the lace or included> > pictures in their books to ask for permission
to include> > pictures. Full credits will be given, and also my thanks> > for
the inspiration they have given me. The pieces of lace> > are> >> > Lace by
Professor Emilie Palickova (there is an accent over> > the 'a' but I cannot
find how to add it) on pages> > 122 & 124 in the book '20th-Century Lace' by>
> Ernst-Erik Pfannschmidt. Mills & Boone 1975.> >> > Lace by Leni Matthaei on
pages 23 & 33 of the book with> > that name written by Inge Muhlensiepen.
VerlagM & H> > Schaper Hannover 1980.> >> > Many thanks> >> > Alex> > -> To
unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:>
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to>