Alice wrote:

<There is a hint on winding very tiny thread that I learned in a Blonde
 class that could help in other laces.  Wind the thread on the lower
 portion of the thread area of the bobbin, and make the hitch at the
 top
 just under the head of the bobbin where no thread is wound.  The hitch
 has the support of the head but is not on top of the wound thread,
 thus
 the hitch is never 'lost' in the windings.
Alice in Oregon>

I may have asked this before, but I have noticed that people
wind their thread onto the bobbins differently.  Some put the
thread all along the neck, especially if the bobbin has a grooved
head, others wind it at the bottom of the neck but some wind the
thread all near the top of the bobbin.  I always wind my thread
the whole length of the neck but if I am only winding on a little,
I do it near the top of the neck.

Are there any rules on how it should be put on the bobbin?
I know there are no lace police but I wondered if anyone has
been told how to correctly do it.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/