What I do with the threads that slip - silk, glitter and synthetics in
particular is use a trick I read about back in 2005 on the net. Cut a one
inch length (2.5cm for the metric amongst us) from a CLEAN thickshake straw.
Slit it from top to tail and wrap that around the thread on the neck of the
bobbin. It holds the threads on the bobbin and prevents the slippage but
still allows you to manually unwind as normal.

Jenny Brandis
Kununurra, Western Australia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.brandis.com.au