From: Brenda Paternoster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [lace] scarf pattern
To: "Janice Blair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "lace" <lace@arachne.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:51 PM

Yaspe (Jaspe) silk from Bart & Francis is in Addendum3 and Edition 4,
page 45.

I measured it as 20 w/cm, but it's a slub thread so difficult to get an
accurate measurement.
I have just finished (bank holiday weekend) a torchon edging made with
Filato per Tombolo di Cantu 30 with Yaspe 30/2 for the workers.  Not
conventional to mix cotton and silk but I wanted to see how the Yaspe
worked up.  The mat's to big to get it all onto the scanner so I'll
need to mess about with the camera to get a proper pic for the website
gallery, but I've added a scan of 1/4 of it to:
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/lacepics/lacepics.html

Brenda

> Also the thread calls for Yaspe shantung 100% siede, silk, soie Nm
> 30/2 Nel
> 50/2
> I don't see it in Brenda's book but I think it could be 18
wraps.  Am I
> correct?

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html