On Aug 28, 2008, at 13:48, Clay Blackwell wrote:

Apple Blossom fillings? They sound beautiful - but I've never run across those before. More info?

Like almost everything else worth knowing about lacemaking, the Apple Blossom can be found in Bridget Cook's "Bible" (aka Practical Skills in BL) == Section V, #5 It's a crossing of two 2-pair plaits, with (2-thread) picots tucked into the angles, close to the crossings. She also shows (#6) a double Apple Blossom (2 picots in the angles between plaits) with a larg-ish hole in the middle. I've never tried tat one, but it looks tempting.

My copy of Practical Skills is full of notes stuck in. Next to the Apple Blossom, I have a note, which says: "The Dutch calll it Margrietengrond"

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/