Hi Bev

Since Filato di Cantu 40 is 32 w/cm Amann/Coats Sylko is 32 w/cm and Tootle Sylko is 31 w/cm and you say Sylko is too fine it suggests that the number 40 specified wasn't Filato.

If you're thinking that the pattern needs about 20 w/cm it could be that the original used DMC Cordonnet 40, Coats crochet 40 or one of the minor brands of 2S/3Z tatting/crochet cotton.

Brenda