What would those makers of lace for the cottage industry do if they
lived 'now' instead of 'then'? Would they be technical workers at a
factory, would they be secretaries, bank clerks (erm, customer sales
representatives..), medical assistants? Would they be interested in a
hobby of lacemaking necessarily? I don't know the answer, but I do
wonder.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Clay Blackwell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 women who made
> lace to provide for their families hardly gave a thought to pretty bobbins
> or spangles.

Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada