I have two questions for you all today, I hope you can help me out. The first is about onward storage of made up lace napkins. I have 4 pieces of ruby coloured cloth approx 18 inches square with lace on, and I would like to know the best way to keep them stored and easily transported (just in case I want to). I wouldn't have space for flat storage, but wonder whether rolling them in to one long sausage would be a safe sensible way. Then would it be best to wrap them in acid free tissue before they go into a cardboard tube, or something. Also I read somewhere about the colour transferring from cardboard into fabric, if this is true, how can I prevent it over time?.

My second question is about Christine Springetts magic chains in her small red book, the teardrop pattern on page 35. I have done them so they look ok, but was swapping the threads over on every row, then reading for the inner edge it mentioned doing it half as much (on every 4th row), so obviously I should have done them every other row only. I know how to do the row where the coloured threads change place, but how to I do the other row when the threads dont change. This one is almost finished and looking quite pretty but like little tiny berries rather than the chain stitch it should resemble but I want to do it again but properly next time. I have just read it, jet again and think I get it but would be really interested in confirmation by you much more experience lacemakers:-)

Any help with either question would be greatly appreciated. Sue T, Dorset UK where we have lost our sunshine and it looks like rain, again!!!!!