Here is a recipe in USA measurements.  Sorry, no picture.

http://www.greenchronicle.com/regional_recipes/catherine_cakes.htm

I think this recipe varies a bit from the one in the 'Cattern Cakes' book.
This one has a breadI dough base (which matches the description I found on
other webpages)  and the one in the book is more of a cookie.  The Cattern
Cakes that have appeared at various lace meetings over the years have been more
like crunchy cookies than bread.  I think they all came from the book.

If you don't like caraway, just leave it out or add some extra cinnamon or
something.

Lace --- I've been playing with the patterns in Annelies Kirst's book
"Gekloppelte Ostereier".  I think they were intended for Easter but I'm doing
some for Christmas and changing colors.

My church will have a Christmas Bazaar next month.  The ladies in charge want
to start a Fine Arts section and have asked me for a piece of lace but I have
to price it myself. I plan to put in something that takes less than 8 hours to
make -- ornament, bookmark or single rose corsage.  I don't know yet what price
to put on it.

Alice in Oregon