Hello Marianne

I am looking for threads that can be substituted for the Tanne (Cotona) 80. I don't have either of these, and am wondering if any that I have on hand would work, since I want to start the project now, not in 2 or 3 weeks....
Egyptian Gassed 80/2 or YLI Heirloom Sewing 70/2.

Can anyone tell me what the Ne or Nm equivalent would be?
To convert from CC (English cotton count, also sometimes called NeC = Number English cotton) to Nm (Number metric) multiply by 1.69 Thus 80/2 CC is 135 Nm

To convert to NeL (English Linen number) multiply the CC by 0.36. Thus 80 CC = 29 Nm

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html