Share please Sally!!   Sounds really interesting!

Sue in EY
On 8 Jan 2009, at 15:53, Sally Schoenberg wrote:

Hi Alex,

I suggest you mangle your tablecloth. If this were 100 years ago, all linen tablecloths, woven or lace, would be mangled as a matter of course. Linen threads are supposed to be mangled - that's what gives linen its gloss, supple hand, and smooth fine threads. Most weavers are aware of the need for finishing their handwoven linens by mangling, but lacemakers seem to have forgotten how to finish linen items. My handweaving books have complete directions for mangling, but lacebooks don't mention it! Please let me know if you would like to know how to mangle.