On Jan 8, 2009, at 19:55, Jenny Brandis wrote:

I must have missed the details of Nelleke Glansdorp's lace for a historical costume - can someone enlighten me on what that type of lace is called?

Early 17th century? I don't think, at that stage of lace development, there were technique/town names attached, the way we have them now.

If you go to:
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books.html#P
and scroll down to "Parasole" you'll see a patternbook full of patterns which share the spirit of the lace Nelleke made. Still quite simple looking and -- often -- using but a few pairs, but enchanting from the technical point of view and very effective.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/