I have a variety of styles of bobbin cases now but when I first started making
lace I made my own roll up one as shown in an old book.  I used pre-quilted
fabric, just turned up a pocket and sewed the sections for the bobbins.  When
it was rolled up it was huge :-)  Never made that one again!!

One of the members of Land of Lincoln (Brenda Glenn) made roll up cases for
everyone who attended convention last year (250+).  She does dressmaking so
her stitch lines were perfect unlike the sample I made for her. :-)  I came up
with a roll up design about 5 or 6 years ago that used tulle for the pockets.
I had started using more color in my work and wanted to be able to see the
colors on the pre-wound bobbins.  My homemade roll up cases have wide pockets
as I like to stuff in as many as 3 pairs in each one.  That way, I can get
about 60 pairs in it.  Of course I do not do that to my beautifully painted
spangled bobbins.  They are in the zippered cases.
Janice

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org