Dear Jeri and Arachnes --

Note that the BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art), which is about as lofty as you can get, short of the Metropolitan in New York, is having a Textile Day on Sunday, May 17. The lacemakers will have a booth, the embroiderers will have a booth... we will be displaying our lace, demonstrating equipment, techniques... things are looking up!

Aurelia
Baltimore, Maryland

Dear Jacquie and Julie and Others Interested,

A membership to a Guild might be more satisfying,  and provide more additional
benefits to you.  If we don't support the  Guild's, they will die.  Most of
our teachers are as a result of the  Guilds and the programs they provide to
develop expertise.  Most of our  instructional books are from these teachers.

Arachnes -
Demonstrate!  Give talks!  Set up exhibits!  Wear handmade  lace in public
places!  Do what you can to increase the number of people  who enjoy working
with needles, bobbins, crochet hooks, knitting needles,  etc.