This is for Jeri, after her long and very interesting post on the subject:

Do you have an opinion on the soap called Orvus? It is used for washing wool and for that it can't be beat. I'm not sure whether this can be found outside the US, but it is carried here by feed stores because it is used to wash sheep and other animals. It is supposed to be the purest soap that exists and contains no phosphates or other nasty things.

I would value an opinion on this where it concerns cleaning lace. Thanks, Jeri.

Tess (tess1...@aol.com) also in Maine, reveling in our newest 12" accumulation of fluffy snow. The skiiers are going mad!