A couple I don't know very well, but for whom I'd like to do something
special, are getting married. Second time for both; he's around 60 and she's
in her mid-forties. They live on a farm in the northeastern US. He's
American; she's a British transplant.

All that background isn't chat, really!

I'm out of the loop with regard to wedding presents at all, and I haven't
been to the US for 25 years so I want to check on what would be an
appropriate lace gift. Some ideas I've had are a pair of lace-trimmed pillow
cases, a framed lace medallion, his and hers bookmarks. They don't strike me
as doily people.

May I have some input please on these ideas or maybe some others? I don't
want to invest tons of time, but I do want to make a special gesture. (I
work in Torchon and Cantù.)

Thanks!
Sr. Claire