Has anyone mentioned knitting stitch holders yet?  They're like very long
safety pins (but not sharp) and you thread them through your spangles.  They
won't help a bit with unspangles bobbins, though ...

http://www.jigsawknits.co.uk/mkstore/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=205

or

http://www.theknittingparlour.co.uk/shop/p044-clover-jumbo-double-ended-stit
ch-holder.html