Alex wrote:

<I had already had the beginnings of the idea but was
thinking along the lines of dolls house size but the suggestion is moving me
towards a larger possibly Victorian child doll with all her underwear dress
etc. I now have to find a suitable doll, and more importantly patterns for
authentic Victorian clothes for her. Please can anyone help!>

Have  look at:

http://www.elliesdolls.co.uk/

Apart from doll making (they both make them and run practical workshops to make your own. They also sell all sorts of things for doll making, including patterns - mentioned under accessories. They have a catalogue of the patterns , which you can get by emailing them.

They're really nice people in Bournemouth (close to Poole) and gave a very interesting talk (and advice) at one of Poole Bobbin Lace Circle meetings.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK