Sister Claire,
it is still the same thing in big companies I know from a girl friend.

Ilske

Am 21.03.2009 um 11:21 schrieb Sister Claire:

Maybe I can throw in a word or two here as someone who was a translator for a couple of decades. For a long time it was usual for UK companies to keep UK spelling when they marketed in the US because UK spelling was believed to be perceived by Americans as having an aura of prestige. For a similar, but opposite reason, American companies marketing in the UK adopted UK spelling there. I don't do that kind of translation any more, so I don't know today's
practice.

Sr. Claire Edith