Hello All!  Well wouldn't you know it--the minute I try to add to the
discussion, more questions arise!! <G>  AND, of course the answer lies buried
in my stash of threads, somewhat "loosely organized" in plastic shoe boxes &
divided only between "silks" & "other".  All this dumpster diving past the
sashiko & Kogin threads, floche, flower thread, metallics, velvet, Brazilian
etc. etc. is getting to be a job for a much younger person!  The Madeira Astro
that I know & love is indeed No.40.  The linen, well it isn't Danish at all--my
apologies to the Danes--but Swedish!  HV-GARN 40/2 in the most delicious shades
of cornflower blue.  The crazy quilter in me bought it because it was s-o-o-o
lovely, but I've never used it.  The Rainbow Gallery (made in Sweden) is 16/2
&, according to the card, is intended for cross stitch & needlepoint.  They
were received in a gift basket & I haven't used these either.  The Londonderry
is 50/3 & I must confess I bought it to dress my slate frame fo
 r Elizabethan work.  And I know darn well there is some DMC linen floss in
there somewhere, but it's hiding.  The only one that seems "lacey" to me is the
HV-GARN.  Experts, please comment.  Thanks.  Susan in Erie, PA where threads
are like antiques.  You fall in love & buy them when you see them--not knowing
when or if you will use them, but knowing that you can't live without them!