To: <br...@exemail.com.au>; <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:35 AM
Subject: RE: [lace] Old bobbins ... pewter

Brian - I am on holiday at the moment and have only briefly read the reply
from Jacquie - my sister - but just wanted to add to the discussion that I
bought some old pewter wrapped bobbins where the pewter had disintigrated and
I discussed, at length, with a current pewter worker and showed him the
bobbins and he doubted that he could produce anything to replace the pewter which had disintigrated and said that he couldn't see how it was possible to put pewter into the bobbins because the melting point would cause the bobbin
to burn:

Isn't it amazing what our ancesters could do!!!

Malvary enjoying a holiday near Abbeville, France but I haven't seen any lace yet - next week at the UK lace convention I'll remedy that! The weather is
lovely, too