We made a large block pillow which is slopped in to fit closer to me and inside my chair arms and because it has the moveable blocks I can keep the working area closer to me (short arms:-). We made it with an 11 inch square than can be used for a one piece of lace, with a couple of the half blocks or 4 of the half blocks but still 11 inch wide. It works well. I need my sloping table to sit it on, cant work with it completely on my lap when out and about, but it has many great uses.

I have read bits about the all moveable blocks and think that sounds like a great way to get use of all the blocks.
Sue T Dorset UK

A larger pillow is definitely advantageous!  Clay is right on there.  I
took a lace class from Geraldine Stott once, and we asked her about
working with a lot of bobbins; her advice was just that...get a bigger
pillow.  When probed as to how big you might need, she said she had one
that she had to hold slanted to the side to get it through a door!
Debbie in Florida
mmou...@bellsouth.net