Hello.  I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Liz Redford.  I have been
making bobbin lace since 1999.  I first saw bobbin lace being made in the
1980's at a state park in Kentucky called Land Between the Lakes.  I was
fascinated.  But no matter how hard I tried I could not find anyone in
Nashville (where I lived at the time) to teach me.

In about 1989 I moved to Atlanta, Georgia.  Then in 1999 Sherry Graham brought
her lovely lace fan that had won a ribbon at the IOLI Convention to an ANG
meeting.  I jumped at the chance to have her teach me.  For years I would go to
her house each week to learn bobbin lace.  Of course I joined the Atlanta
chapter of the IOLI and made many very close firends.

In October of 2007 I moved to Raleigh, North Carolina.  I was delighted to find
that there is a very active and talented group of lacers in the Carolinas too.

Earlier this spring I joined the digest version of this list.  I have been
astonished to see what a worldwide activity bobbin lace really is.  For
example, the week I joined I learned about all the bobbin lacers in Australia
that were impacted by the terrible forest fires.  I have also learned about a
number of web sites I never knew existed.  I am looking forward to learning
lots more from all of you.

Thank you,
Liz from rainy Raleigh