I am sorry that i have been away and not had access to my email.
Just a bit off topic... my wife fell and fractured her skull (temporal and mastoid) whilst we were away; 5 days in high depoendency, multi scans, mental tests etc etc. Very scary; but she is making a slow but positive recovery. Its my cooking that is the problem now!! :) [anyone got a better tin opener?]

Re Value of bobbins.

A few years ago antique bobbins were pretty high in value. I had a page for a while that tracked the prices that ebay and dealers were asking. That is all out of date.

The Springett sale really showed that the bottom for antique bobbins had dropped and many good bargains were available for really good quality bobbins. Sure they made a good price, but i had thought that many would have reached far higher prices. (I think the Springetts did too (?) )

Regarding more modern bobbins. The advice that they are worth what people will give stands. Look at what bobbins are getting on ebay.

Australian makers, whilst making good bobbins, are not as yet collectors items (in general) and as such they are working tools. Over time they are probably worth a little more than what you paid for them. Their main attraction would be the Australian timbers that many makers use. Some makers have found a niche in making special bobbins that are wanted overseas.

The $10,000 (respectfully) is a pipe dream unless you have some excellent and desireable antique bobbins.

I am a bit scared to stick my neck out but.........
"Under the circumstances" I would set a value at say $2.50 (Aud) each, but do not go above $7.50 (Aud) each

...and all the Australian bobbin makers will be mad at me for sure.

Most of us guys think our wives spend squillions on their hobbies, but when I look at the credit card spending, in reality I get close to her. Whoops now your partners will be after me too! :)
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to