Hi Janet and Norma,

Welcome to the list.  It is usually a lot busier than of late.  Maybe
you can
think of a question to ask to generate some mail.  I get the
digests and
before the one today, the previous one was last Thursday!
Next
Saturday I will be teaching 4 or 5 new lacemakers at our lace day in
Downers Grove, Illinois.  The pattern is not my own and was chosen and
advertised before I agreed to teach the group.  This one has over a
dozen
sewings so I doubt that it will be made in the allotted 2 hour
period.  I can
see that after lunch the group will have to carry on
with the hope of
completing it.  It took me an hour and forty five
minutes to make the sample
and I am known as being a speedy lacemaker!

Hope I get chance to do some shopping.  I need to purchase some thread
for my
convention class.  I am, for the first time in my life, taking
the morning
needle lace class.  I forsee frustration as I do not get
along with needles. I
also forsee plenty of blood on my lace!   In the
afternoon I will be in Yvonne
Scheele-Kerkhof's Beds Flowers class.  I
think I am going to do the wild
strawberries pattern in her Nature in
Lace book.  On each strawberry there are
about a dozen rolled tallies
on the half stitch ground.  That should be a
challenge for me.  I have
just completed a piece with rolled tallies but I was
working in silk
and they were frustrating.  A half hitch did not hold at the
end of the
talley while rolling it,so I am looking forward to getting some
tips
from Yvonne.

When the supply list came for this class, it only had the thread for
the
Duchesse students and I was almost ready to cancel.  It needed
160/2 thread!!
I thought 100/2 last year for Binche was hard enough to
see.  I usually work
with 100/3 Gutterman so this looked like breathing
on it would break it.
Anyway, I have plenty of thread left over from
my Binche still on my bobbins
so at least I can save on some winding
time.  Just need another 2 or
preferably 3 dozen bobbins!  The talley
piece I just finished had 182 bobbins
altogether but I had to mix in
some different types.  Why is it that we just
never have enough?  Is
there a bobbin gremlin in my house hiding my stuff?
:-)

Lacemakers, if you are going to convention in LA this summer, I hope to
see
you at the Arachne lunch.  What classes are you taking?  Is anyone
doing the
needle lace with Nancy Evans?

Janice

<From: janet theaker <janet.thea...@hotmail.co.uk>

Subject: [lace] Lace List Newcomer.

Hi There, I have just joined Lace list chat, I am Janet Theaker and live in

Bridlington East Yorkshire ,I am a new Lacemaker approx 4years (But new

compared to some who have been Lacemaking many Years) . I find it relaxing
and

a way to get away from the turmoil the world seems to be in at the moment. I

look forward to having lots of input and look foward to reading your

interesting comments

Take Care

Janet

Bridlington East Yorkshire.>

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org