On Jun 24, 2009, at 13:33, laceandb...@aol.com wrote:

di...@coalole.demon.co.uk writes:

I was going to use it in dressmaking but if it's hand made I think I
would be better making a pricking from the lace and working individual lengths
to make the garment I wanted.

Why????

If was good enough to use on the garment when you thought it was machine made, what makes it not suitable now you know it's handmade? Or why would you want to spend hundreds of hours to make the piece of lace you already have?

Libra speaking here... :) Make a pricking of the lace, if you really, really like it; maybe, one day, you'll make some of it. Meanwhile, use what you have as you had intended originally. Jacquie is absolutely right; it seems wasteful to have all this nice -- but not exceptional -- quality lace on hand and keep it locked in a drawer somewhere.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/