Dear Arachnids

I agree that lace was made to be cut into suitable lengths and used and I
always advise that when it starts to wear that is time to preserve it so that
future generations can enjoy and learn from it. Museums that get so precious
about their lace that you cannot have sufficient light or even access to study
it properly make me wonder if they have lost the plot. Surely we preserve lace
so that it can be enjoyed and properly studied so that we can learn from it.
Keeping it safe for the future until it eventually disintegrates without it
ever being seen or properly studied does not make sense. (Sorry, I have a bee
in my bonnet about that one.)

Happy lacemaking

Alex