Hello All--Thank you Tess for posting the photos!!  Your friend has some
interesting pieces.  L-o-v-e-d the lattice work!!  I had never heard of this
technique until I attended a CQ event in LaBourboule, France.  The teacher was
Romanian & had recently moved to France.  She spoke French & Romanian but only
a little English.  Almost everyone else in class was French & my command of the
language was limited to high school & college classes.  Thank goodness for a
charming Italian gal, Bianca, who spoke Italian, French & English!  We learned
the "basic" cording & made a small flower, but I have since found out there are
other types of crocheted cording for different motifs.  A friend has also shown
me how to make beaded cording to add some sparkle.  There are a number of books
on the subject as I've seen them in the book store at EGA seminar & classes
have been offered as well.  I've kept my collection of Romanian notes & shared
them with several EGA gals, one of whom I will be s
 eeing tomorrow.  I downloaded the posted photos to my flash drive so will take
it along to amaze her too!  What's really funny is, after moving to Erie, I
needed some alterations & the sales staff at Talbot's recommended a lovely gal.
 When I found out she was Romanian & had emigrated here about 20 yrs ago, I
asked if she made the lace.  You should have seen her expression!!  No one in
Erie had ever asked to see her work.  I got the grand tour--framed pieces, mats
on the piano, dining room table, in the foyer & beyond.  What a treasure & I
didn't have to wear white gloves!  To Clay--so glad you were able to get the
chocolate covered Key lime pie on a stick.  You go girl!  Sincerely, Susan in
Erie, where I'm making glow-in-the-dark Halloween pillow cases for a quilt
guild fund raiser.  I'm done in.