I had already written a response but realized I clicked on reply to and it
went back to her and not to the list.
  I wanted to say that I enjoyed ready Francis message. It had some funny
points in the post. Usually when I fly I try and get a window seat. I wouldn't
think of bringing my knitting. I would much ratherr look out the window and see
the beauty of Earth below me. I usually do take either a book or magazine that
I have saved just to carry on the plane with me untouched so it is something
new to either read or look at. I also usually take my iPod with me and listen
to my music. But I love looking out the window.
  I flew over night from New York to London and arrived 9:00 London time in the
morning. We were told not to go to bed for it would help us with  the jet lag
and timezone difference and to go to bed earlier that evening...which is what
we did. We went sight seeing around London and went on the river Thames in the
evening. There is an 5 hours difference between EST and London standard time. I
do realize Francis it is more than 5 hours for you between your timezone and
the PST.
   You were in a huge city. I live in New York state...( not the city) and not
everybody has the big gas gusslers you saw. We don't and can't afford to drive
one. At airports you see all kinds of people who some have driven some distance
just to get to the airport and fly away. I know myself I have to drive 30
minutes to my closest airport. Some people I know have to drive hours to get to
an airport. Airports are always busy with people coming and going.
    You mentioned about not finding a white chocolate candy bar. I live near
the state that is known for their chocolate making and that is Hershey,
Pennslyvania. I went on my dream trip to the UK about 10 years ago. I actually
found a big ( pound I think it was ) Nestle white chocolate candy bar with no
cookie bits, or cereal bits just yummy solid white chocolate. I have never seen
a bar like that here in the US. It seems funny that I saw one in England and
bought it and soooo enjoyed every melting white chocolate goodness. I do not
care for dark chocolate that everybody seems so crazy over. Give me white
chocolate anytime...and if anybody in the UK is reading this ...they can send
me a white chocolate candy bar...LOL Pretty Please.
   Super markets everywhere are different I think. All I Have to do is watch
the travel channel and see both Anthony food shows and see the markets where
people buy their food in other countries. They have food I have never heard of.
Even in the UK which is an English speaking country their food is really
different from ours...though to be honest I do remember seeing McDonalds, and
some of the other fast food chains over there.
   Just like here in New York we enjoy what is known as Salt Potatoes. My
girlfriend in Tenn. Never hearf of them before. Here I thought everybody knew
what they were. Come to find out ...they originated in Syracuse, New York and
it is something New Yorkers enjoy. Just like I know the food in New Orleans is
different than the food here in New York. This country is so big...you will
find alot of different foods depending on where you are in the big country of
USA. This country is known as the melting pot for a reason.
   Francis, you were very lucky to be able to go to the IOLI convention. I have
yet to go and I don't think I will ever go. It is too expensive for me
personally especially now that my husband lost his job. But even when it was in
Pennslyvania which is closer to me I couldn't go. New York will not be hosting
any IOLI conventions since non of the guilds in New York are charted I do not
believe. So I am looking forward to reading more of your experience Francis and
others who post to the list. Come on people find your typing fingers and post.
   Anyhow...I so enjoyed reading your message Francis and I am looking forward
to reading your next post and the one after that ...and the one after that.
Sherry
celticdreamwe...@yahoo.com