Frnacis,

I enjoyed the Part 2.  We should all see our countries through someone else's
eyes!

Whole Foods is a high-end grocery.  Or rather, they sell more organic foods
compared to other supermarket chains.  I'm surprised you didn't find a yogurt
you liked there, as I have seen Greek yogurt.  But food manufactorers do think
we Americans have a sweet tooth.  Another name, unofficial one of course, for
Whole Foods is Whole Paycheck.

I have made my own yogurt, starting with some Greek yogurt from WholeFoods, as
I don't trust getting a good yogurt from what might fall in naturally.  I live
in an area known for molds and mildews and would rather know what I'm eating.

On the otherhand, I've not been able to find the wonderful yogurt I was able to
buy in Paris.  Even Dannon is different.  So whether it's the base yogurt
cultures or the amount of sugar (sweetener) used, I don't know.  Give me the
European one anyday!

Pharmacies - ours are certtainly different.  We could probably do with more
control.  When I was sick on a trip in France, I was surprised by the number of
pharmacies in the small town.  But I was also able to walk up to the counter,
and with the help of my French friend, describe my symptoms to the pharmacyst
and tell him or her what other medications I was taking - then get something
that would help me feel better.  Only one "over the counter" drug is now
"behind the counter" and that is because of misuse by drug heads.  If you don't
need a Doctor's prescription for it, then you can walk up and buy it.  Here,
most of the time, if you need to talk to a Pharmacist you can, but you'll also
have to wait.  However, every time I"ve needed to talk to one, they've always
been helpful.

Thank you for sharing your impressions and adventures!  Surfing and everything
DUDE!

Beth McCasland
in the suburbs of New Orleans, Louisiana