Hi Laurie -

In the book, "The Complete Book of English Bobbin Laces", Pam Nottingham gave directions for building a very similar pillow. When I first started making lace, I built a pillow based on her instructions. I suspect there were a lot of pillows like this at one time!

Clay

Laurie Waters wrote:
Does this Ebay pillow look familiar to anyone? 120458476616 I think it's English. It isn't the first time I've come across something like this, the one in my collection has old wooden spangled bobbins, so it has some age. I wrote to the seller, she said she bought it in an antique shop in North Wales about 20 years ago. She thinks it's stuff with sawdust, although I find that unlikely. Maybe some English lacemakers out there recognize it? Thanks,
Laurie