Hi Tess,
Good job with the video...! As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. You might remember, Tess, that you sent me an explanation of this method before I was to go up to IOLI in Montreal for the Cluny de Brioude class with Nathalie Bailly. There are two things I love about using this method...the first, of course, is that it suits continental bobbins so well and it continues as normal bobbin lace movements, i.e. TTC, TTC, TTC...., rather than stopping "cross and twist" and starting to weave "over,under,over...", a slightly different mindset, though the result is the same. The second thing I love is the actual look of the leaf. The tensioning after the cross (TTC, tension, TTC, tension...) causes the center rib of the leaf to be wider than the outer ribs, resulting in a satiny-looking leaf. Also, it isn't necessary to make the leaf longer than desired and then "pack it in" after placing the pin....it is fully "packed" when finished.

I really like this method, though it takes some practice. But, as most instructors will tell you, if you are making leaves or tallies by any method which produces results you are happy with, don't feel compelled to change.

Vicki in Maryland where our Labor Day has been rained out....but the grass is happy!