Well done video Mike and David!  A very interesting approach and I like the
way you use the pins for support on the side threads. Haven't seen that way
before. I am going to give that a try.  A lot of hand action, but whatever
works!  Though not so much more hand action than normal lacing.

I work tallies on the pillow with the palm of my hand holding down the bases
of three passive bobbins and my finger tips on the heads of these bobbins.
The fingers make the passives lift up and down like a weaving loom.  The
weaver easily passes over and under.  I don't use spangled bobbins for this
technique.  And sure helps to have bobbins with a point.  Here is a partial
explanation of how I do it.  Partial because a few of the pictures don't
load.  But the instructions are still there.  You get the idea.

http://tatmantats.wordpress.com/making-a-leaf-tally/

I had to chuckle at the celluloid/cellulite comment :-D

--
Mark, aka Tatman
blog: http://tatmantats.wordpress.com/